Skip to main content

Hellow!

I am not sure how blogs really work. For me, the little writing I've done has always been personal. I used to write a diary, about 5 years ago for almost about a year.  It ran into 3 volumes, but as time passed, I stopped writing. The need to express was felt less frequently. Then rarely, now, almost hardly. But when I see people writing blogs and publishing, I feel jealous. That people are writing. More importantly, that I m not writing. I used to write my Diary thinking that one day they'll be discovered after I am no more, and great meanings would be derived from those verses and words. (Ha! Ha!) I guess, each one of us, in some corner of our hearts want to feel 'great'. Not necessarily, famous. Feeling great about yourself is a special feeling-It makes you feel, 'Great'.

I am not sure if the feeling is indeed 'jealousy'. Until much recently, 'writing' was a coveted art, known and done by only a 'gifted few'. In school, we use to have creative writing classes. It produced the 'good writers'. What's more is that it made everyone write (cause it was compulsory!) It made minnows, like me, feel like big fish-"Ah! Even I can write". So, the first time I wrote a poem, it was a strenuous exercise of sorts. " I am supposed to write a poem alright, but, HOW?!!". Eventually wrote one for a test and got a 'Good'. Now, that'd make any fifth standard student feel 'GREAT', and, for sure, the parents elated! Suddenly, you are a li'l poet among your kinfolk who must recite her 'self-composed poem' for introductory greeting. Some smart 'minnows' make big of such opportunity and wax eloquent. Some minnows, like me, who would be surprised at having written that poem at all, stammer a "Umm..I don't think I remember!" and think of the looming tag "Ah! She's our budding little poet" to keep up to! Sigh!

So then, there were 'Good Writers'. I, being among the un-smart minnows never dared to approach that tag. Writing is Holy! The few times I did bring myself to write, I surprised myself. "Gee! I wrote THAT! WOW!" Then, the 'Good Writers', they wrote. And they wrote frequently. They wrote at will and they wrote on demand! And un-smart minnows go, "Darn!" "Losers! Bloody *&#%***". And wonder," How come they are inspired to write, and write so frequently?". "Guess, that's how 'Good Writers' are..."

Minnows, then, bring themselves to read what these 'creatures' have written. "Hmmm, this is nothing very extraordinay!" "But, minnow", they tell themselves, " you don't even bring yourself to write that!" "If you can do a better job, then show it!" But, the minnows that they are...'Writing is Holy'!

Bloody minnows! They are serious Losers. That's why when they see every minnow, actually, every 'micro- minnow' writing, they go jealous! "What the Hell! I must write too!"

So, I write!

But, there are still 'good Writers'. And they write. They write frequently and they write at will! I am still the minnow here. And I am not sure what to write about! So, it'll be utter 'minnow like writing'. Very random. Maybe, there'll be a lot of 'Loser musings' like these. And maybe, I shall write about serious stuff. I hope, I do. And I seriously hope I stick to being minnow like where I don't exhibit all 'looserly' traits of being diplomatic and politically correct ( which minnows, like me tend to pretend to be!)

Sometimes, being minnow like is better than being the big fish. It lets you prove others wrong by doing our own thing right, instead of having to prove the other's right and not do our own thing at all!


Yours sincerely,

Minnow :-)

P.S. The best part is that minnows are writing!

Comments

  1. a remarkable start, to say the least,

    i've always enjoyed writing about writing, but even more so, i enjoy reading about writing,

    i keep telling myself, and anyone else i can get to stick around, that everyone writes, no, really,

    what matters, as you've accurately mentioned, is the frequency, and more importantly, the purpose,

    you lost your point once or twice, and repeated the same things, but if the purpose was to drive a nail home, then you've hit it squarely on the head,

    if not, which might as well be the case, a little proofreading never killed anyone, try it, it's fun,

    i will look forward to everything that you compose and send this way,

    keep writing,
    for the better and the verse,

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you say actually? i didnot get any thing but still feel good that you are writing. i will also write but after P.T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Summit ;-))
    Essentially that people may want to write but don't do so for the fear that it shall be judged in comparison to other seasoned writers...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MKG and I

MKG just popped into my head. I was trying to help India attain Independence all over again when I stumbled upon something that he said. "I travel because I fancy that the masses want to meet me. I certainly want to meet them. I deliver my simple message to them in few words and they and I are satisfied. It penetrates the mass mind slowly but surely."  Somewhere MKG and I struck a chord. I have always been averse to people and situations being portrayed as ideal and flawless. It is pretty depressing, to say the least. To say the worst, it is inhuman! We are not God because we are flawed and that's just how we must stay. Well, you see, God really doesn't have the luxury of going wrong, while we, humans, are entitled to sin!  My learning today was that MKG was yet another bloke, vain and with vice. And if identification at the level of vanity were grounds to forge bonds, I'd  shake hands with him. There are people with calibre to change things around, and they

What is it about Dhoni?

I can't stop raving about Dhoni in the new Pepsi ad. With the handle bar moustache and buzz cut, as he gyrates to 'gatak gatak' (and looks Oh, so deadly handsome!), Raina, Harbhajan, and whoever else is there, become non entities. It is the ultimate 'yennada, rascala?' Chennai's Super King look and the eyes are only for D! What were the others doing in the ad? It probably has to do with Pepsi's Men in Blue campaign. But this ain't the only one in which Dhoni has more than just him in the ad and where without him the frame is incomplete. It is not without reason. It is the Dhoni persona. He is part of the crowd, just as much as he is a legion by himself. "If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, If you can walk with Kings and not lose the common touch..."-Kipling I pause to think. When did he become so statuesquely? When did he emerge to outshine  greats like Sachin without ever trampling upon their space? Since when did he begin to